WhatsApp or WhatsApp Messenger is an American freeware and popular application for instant messaging owned by Facebook, Inc. It allows its users to send text messages, voice messages, and share pictures, videos, documents as well as make video calls.
When you use a social app, you should take care of their privacy. Like other social apps, WhatsApp provides privacy settings where you can configure as your need and make your account secure.
Today in this article, I will guide you on how to hide WhatsApp last seen for a specific person without blocking them. Follow the following steps mentioned below to hide the last seen.
Table of Contents
How to Hide Last Seen on WhatsApp?
There are two ways to hide your last seen on WhatsApp without blocking friends. And the following
two steps are:
- Restrict last seen from Settings.
- Delete a contact from Address Book with whom you want to hide your last seen.
Restrict last seen from Settings
Here from the setting, when you select Last Seen, you will see three Options i.e.; you can hide last seen from Everyone, My Contacts, and Nobody. So follow the following steps to select one as you want to.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone.
- Log in using your username and password, if asked.
- Now click on the three vertical dots from the top right, beside magnifying glass.
- After that, you will see the option box, click on the Settings from the box.
- Now click on the Account under Settings.
- After that, click on Privacy. Now under Privacy, click on the Last Seen.
- After you click on Last seen, you will see three options: Everyone, My Contacts, and Nobody.
- Now click on the radio button of the option as you are willing to hide last seen.
- Finally, click anywhere on the screen to save the change.
What happens when you hide last seen for Everyone, My Contacts, and Nobody?
- If you hide last seen from Everyone, then your last seen will be hidden from your contacts friends, directly added friends on WhatsApp.
- If you hide your last seen from My Contacts, then your last seen will be hidden from your contacts friends but will be visible for directly added friends on WhatsApp.
- If you hide your last seen from Nobody, then your last seen will be visible for Everyone, i.e., your contacts friend and directly added friends on WhatsApp.
Also Read: WhatsApp Not Sending Photos
Delete a contact from Address Book with whom you want to hide your last seen
You can also delete the number of your friend from your Address Book to hide your last seen from that particular friend. To delete number
- Go to Contacts App of your smart-phone
- Click on the contact you want to delete.
- And delete the contact of that particular friend.
- Now your last seen will be hidden from the deleted contact.
Deleting contacts from Address Book will hide your last seen, but you can still chat with your friends, even you remove them from your contact.
Also Read: WhatsApp Call Not Connecting?
In this article, I have guided you on how to hide last seen on WhatsApp by two methods: restrict last seen from Settings and delete a contact from Address Book with whom you want to hide your last seen.
Now you can hide your last seen from an Address book and for WhatsApp friends if you don’t want to show your last seen or you are irritated with the text they send after they see you online. Follow the step-by-step procedure mention above to hide your last seen.
And if you have any questions related to this article then you can leave us a comment in our comment section below. We will feel proud to answer your questions and help you out to solve your problem.
If you want helpful guidance on WhatsApp then you can go to the WhatsApp Tips from our official website Online Help Guide.