Jpay is a private company that has a partnership with state, federal, and county, which held corrections related service providers based in the US. It has contacts with state (DOC) Department of Corrections and provides reliable, convenient, and safe services for friends of inmates to stay connected with their loved ones. So to get connected, JPay provides an Email service which you can use it for free.
The other services provided by JPay are Money Transfer, Education, Video Visitation, Jpay Help, Jpay Player, VideoGram, Send Money Service which was supplied by JPay for the inmates. Before getting into the main topic, let’s know more about JPay through its history.
Table of Contents
History of JPay
Ryan Shapiro started this company in 2002, who was CEO of the company. Firstly the headquarters of Jpay was in New York, and lately, it was moved to Miami in 2005. And in 2009, Jpay expands its service to offer an inmate the JP3, MP3 player, and music tracks for purchase. Again in 2011, the headquarter of JPay was shifted to Miramar, Florida from Miami, to provide sufficient space for a large call center.
In 2012, targeting inmates, JPay launched its service the JP4 and Tablet, which allows inmates to listen to music, play games, and read and draft emails. Except for these things, JPay also enables to view photo, attachments, and videograms. The start Department of correction assigned permit, the use of JP4, and the full extent of its functions as well. And JPay’s tablet has been distributed only in seven Department of correction agencies, which are Washington, Virginia, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Dakota, and Louisiana.
And after 2015, all the terms and agreements were kept secret, and Securus Technologies acquired JPay.
What is JPay for Inmates?
JPay for inmates means safe, reliable, and convenient services to make payment solutions to friends and family of probationers, offenders, and parolees.
How Much Does JPay Cost?
As JPay is for inmate’s money-wring service, which has a quicker alternative service, its fees for each transaction may be around $11.95.
Do Inmates know Who Sends Them Money Through JPay?
JPay doesn’t have access to an account of inmates’ balance or transaction activities, but the inmate will be notified who sent them money. And sending money using cash will be provided a receipt of the transaction to confirm.
Is JPay Free to Use?
The App is free to download, and you can use JPay downloading in your mobile by syncing your JPay account.
What Can You Do in JPay Email?
Before you use the services of JPay Email, you have to create an account and get access to your account to use the services of JPay Email. In the next topic, I will guide you on how to sign up and sign in to your account, so firstly, let’s go through the service you can use after Login into JPay Email.
- JPay accepts both the cash and online payments which they collect from JPay Center, So you will be allowed to send money to inmates.
- You can send mail – electronic mails to inmates.
- Attach a file – photo – short videogram in the mail.
- You can attach 30 seconds recorded video to inmates.
- It allows you to do a video session of 30 minutes, face to face with the inmate, and it’s free.
- Confine people can listen to JP3/JP4 music and videos.
- Buy a Jpay Stamp, and it varies upon the facility you use. You can send 6000 words using one JPay stamp.
- You can buy JPay stamp online by paying for the service.
Now, if you think that this service is useful then, you can create an account in JPay and use the services of Jpay.
How to Create Your JPay Account – Sign Up?
To create your JPay account, you have to go to the official page of JPay from where you can sign up for your account. After that, follow the following steps by step process to sign up for your account.
- Open any web browser in your device.
- Go to the homepage of JPay, to get access to the homepage type URL jpay.com.
- On the left side of your screen, you will see Signup box, now Select State and Enter inmate ID # After that, click on the Next button.
- Now you will see a Registration form.
- Under “Create an Account,” provide your Email address and confirm email in the text field.
- After that, provide Password and confirm the password in the password field.
- Now, click on the checkbox of “I have read and agree to the Payments Terms of Services” after reading the terms of services.”
- Finally, click on the Register button.
How to Log In and Set up Your JPay Account?
If you have already created your JPay account, then you can use your Username/Email and Password to Login to the JPay account. Follow the following steps to log in to your account.
- Go to the homepage of JPay.
- In the top right corner of the homepage, you will see the Login button, click on the Login button.
- Now you will see the Login text field. Enter your Email address and Password in the appropriate field.
- After that, click on the Login button.
- Once you get Login to your account, it will show you JPay services for inmates.
- After that, select which services you want.
- Now, buy stamps depending on the services you required, and you can pay online for the service.
- After that, you can send 6000 messages using JP
Now you will be able to use JPay services, and you can send messages and attachments if you have bought a stamp for your service.
How to Recover Your Email Address and Password of JPay?
Recover Email Address of Jpay Account
- Go to the home page of JPay Email.
- Click on the Login button.
- Now you will see “Forgot user ID,” click on the Forgot user ID.
- After that, enter your phone number. And click on the Next button.
- Now you will be directed to the next page where you have to enter security questions answer.
- If you haven’t set a security question then, you may have to provide your personal information to verify your account.
- Now follow the following prompts you see on the screen to complete the process to recover your ID.
Now you will be provided a notification with your user ID/Email after you get your email address you can change your email address and replace your old email address. To change your User ID/Email, follow the following steps.
To Change Your User ID of Jpay Account
- Go to the login page of JPay.
- Log in using your Email address and Password.
- Find and go to the “My Account.”
- After that, click on the Email preference under “My Profile.”
- Now, provide the email address you want to replace, New Email.
- Finally, click on the “Update” to complete the process to change the email address.
Once you change your User ID, you will not be able to login using the old email address. You have to enter your new email address and password to get access to your account.
To Recover Your JPay Password
- Go to the Homepage of JPay.
- Find the Login button and click on the Login button.
- You will see the login page; now click on the “Forgot your password.”
- After that, you will be redirected to recover form.
- Now you have to provide your email address, make sure it’s correct.
- After that, enter your answer for security questions or personal information.
- Follow the displayed information and confirm to recover your password.
After you confirm the recovery, you will get a notification in your email, go to the link and change your Password using unique and strong characters, numbers, and special symbols. Now you can change your password anytime you want to change. Make sure you change your password every 3-4 months to make secure and protect. Follow the following step to change your Password.
To Change Your Password of Jpay Account
- Go to the Login of Jpay.
- Login using your Email address and Password.
- Now click on the “My Account.”
- Under “My Profile,” you will see Change Password, click on the Change Password.
- Now you have to enter your current password.
- Enter your new password twice in the text field and make sure both Password matches.
- After that, click on the Change Password to change your password.
Now the new password you have entered twice is your Password for your account, you can’t use your old password to get access to your account. Use the Email address and New Password to get access to your JPay account.
Jpay Login Problems [Solved]
While you try to login to your account you can face many problems. Some cause due to your mistakes whereas other problems caused due to bugs or technical problems on the website.
Are you facing problems while login to your account? Don’t worry here are a few things that you should remember and follow. And everything will be solved.
- Make sure you enter the correct ‘Username‘ and ‘Password‘ of your account.
- Check your Internet Connection (WiFi or a data network).
- Make sure you are in the correct login page of Jpay Email.
- Delete or clear all the caches and cookies from the web browser.
- Reset and go to the login page of Jpay and try once to log in.
- If you are using the old version of the web browser, then update the web browser and try again.
I hope your JPay login problems have been solved. But if you still can’t get into your Jpay account or Jpay won’t let you log in to your account then, don’t hesitate to coordinate with Jpay Help Support about your login problems or you can even call in the number given below.
How Can I Talk to a JPay Customer Service Representative?
If you have any problem regarding your accounts like Email address, Password, billing or service, then you can directedly call the customer service and fix your problems. The best way to solve your issue is to contact customer service. To contact customer service call 1 800 574 JPAY (5729) 24 hours a day seven days a week,” Be aware that transactions conducted with the help of a live agent are subject to a higher fee.”
As we know, JPay is a targeted service for probationers, offenders, and parolees, So you should know about the services of JPay before using JPay. I have explained everything about JPay, and we also learned to create an account of JPay Email, log in to your JPay email account, Services of JPay, how to recover or change your JPay email address and password.
If you have any questions regarding this article on JPay Email then, you can leave us a comment in our comment section below, or you can also visit our official website Online Help Guide for related articles.